- The Ultimate TV Pilot Checklist: How I Met Your Mother
- Straying From the Party Line: How I Met Your Mother
- Rulebook Casefile: The Vainglorious Moment of Humanity in “How I Met Your Mother”
- Rulebook Casefile: Unique Point of Entry in “How I Met Your Mother”
- Storyteller’s Rulebook #206: Have a Reversible Metaphor
- Finally: the Corrected Statement of Philosophy on "How I Met Your Mother"
Wow ok, I think the ending - and the last season as a whole - might be the only thing that wasn't satisfying about the series. I suppose it makes narrative sense but how they delivered it was clunky, spending 90% of the season leading up to meeting the mother, and then compressing years of story into two episodes. Just because they spent years on Ted & Robin's relationships didn't mean that that was the core of the show - after all there are still so many story arcs and episodes that don't touch on it at all - to me it's simply about Ted's old life, and spending time with his friends. And the finale pretty much sidelined Lily & Marshall, and brought Barney back to his shallow beginnings after just a hope of character development.
Post a Comment