- The Ultimate Story Checklist: The Fugitive
- Straying From the Party Line: The Not-Quite-Everyman Hero of The Fugitive
- Rulebook Casefile: Defying Genre Conventions and Finding an Ironic Final Outcome in The Fugitive
- Rulebook Casefile: The Impartial Thematic Dilemma in The Fugitive
- Straying from the Party Line: Reversing Payoff and Set-Up in The Fugitive
- Storyteller’s Rulebook: Not All Determination Needs to be Grim
Are the physics of the world (realistic or stylized?) established early and maintained throughout?
They’re somewhat-stylized, as established by the waterfall jump. It’s thrilling because we can’t imagine how he’ll survive, but once he does without injury, we subtly go “Oh, okay, physical danger in this movie isn’t a big deal, so we switch to “how will he do this”, as opposed to “will he make it”