- There’s no central relationship we’ve not seen before.
- There no ironic contradiction yet in the pilot.
- The show is not set in an unsafe space.
- The show doesn’t bring different economic classes together (or ever acknowledge economics)
- Trouble won’t walk in the door on a regular basis.
- There’s not much physical activity in Dev’s life.
- No easily-promotable image.
- No escalation at the end.
The Dev we get in the pilot is appealing, but untethered and lightweight. We need something to tug down on that kite string a little bit.